Sunday, June 7, 2020

I've Flipped! (a switch)

I was enjoying some quiet time with the manor last night and thought, as I sat gazing at her, that I would turn out some of the lights and enjoy some night time ambiance.  As I was looking inside the house, I noticed that the main floor hall and parlor where dimly lit with lamps and that the Grand Dining Room was completely dark.  I had originally thought of adding sconces, but wall space is limited in this room so I nixed the idea.  But I just couldn't stand the room being so dark.  It was like having a black eye.

So . . . this . . .

Photo Credit Carol's Miniatures on Etsy

It will be beautiful sitting in the middle of the buffet cabinet in front of the mirror.  That means, of course, that I have to empty the manor again to run a plug.  It won't be hard to do because I'll just poke a hole from the bottom and run the wire through.  I thought about hard wiring it, but if (correction WHEN) I need to do repairs or remodeling, I can remove the candelabra so as not to damage it.

And as I had to pay an arm and a leg for shipping, I couldn't resist buying this wine holder with red wine bottle . . .

Photo Credit Carol's Miniatures on Etsy

Both were bought from Carol's Miniatures on Etsy.  Now I need a gold tray, some wine glasses, and a doily to complete the scene.

Now back to painting the porch balusters and working on the brick foundation (a very tedious and pain staking ordeal - yes I said it - ordeal!).

2 comments:

  1. Each of your new purchases are ideal for the theme of you Pennethorne Manor but I know what you mean about ordering more than one item when you see something special online. Since you're going to be paying a premium for international shipping anyway; you may as well make it count and go for it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!